Windows 8 is coming in the near future. You can download, use it, and develop apps for it today. As of May 2012, the Windows Store is not open for everyone to deploy. However, we are looking for the first wave of great applications which highlight the power of Metro and Windows 8, especially from developers who want to get to market first and build their brand.
In order to submit your application today you need a token. This is something I can help you get.
- Create a great application or game.
- Let me know about it by contacting me via my email. Daniel.Egan@microsoft.com (Put Win8App in the subject)
- I’ll help you register so you can get your application through our Application Accelerator Labs, where the app will get reviewed to confirm it’s complete and conforms to the Metro guidelines and certification requirements.
This is a great opportunity to not only be first to market with your app, but also to get feedback from a Microsoft Services Engineer to make your app great. If you are serious about creating an application, this is a chance that you probably don’t want to pass up.
In addition, our team is holding a series of events and office hours to help you. We want to make sure you have what you need to be successful. Come learn more about how to build apps for Windows 8, or show up and build your app with one of our evangelists or others in the community.
Windows Developer Camps (to learn about Windows 8 development):
- Redmond, WA. May 11, 2012. Register
- Denver, CO. June 1, 2012. Register
- Chandler, AZ. June 8, 2012. Register
- Other locations
Windows Application Accelerator Labs (to build your app):
Note that to get a Windows Store token, you’ll still need to contact me email@example.com to get your app reviewed.