With the release of Mango, Microsoft has also release a new Web (read online non zune) version of the Marketplace. This is a great place to discover all of the applications that are available for your Windows Phone.
In addition to allowing you to search for applications, it also lets you install the applications OTA (Over the Air). This makes it really easy to explore and download applications. Lets walk through the steps necessary to download apps from the new Web Marketplace.
- Navigate to http://www.windowsphone.com
- Click on the MarketPlace tab.
- Search for the application you would like to install. I am going to try 3D Paperball. You can check out the screenshots and information on the application(including reviews)
- Click on the “Get free app” button (if it is a paid/trial app, you will see a Buy button)
- Select the Phone you would like to send it to and hit Next
- If this is the first time that you are using the Web Marketplace, it will ask you to verify your phone number. Do this and click next
- Click on the Get App link (If it is a paid app… it will confirm billing)
- Wait for it to be processed
- Your app will then begin installing on your phone
- That’s it…. Now go check out the marketplace.