Sound is a funny thing, like its cousins, taste and smell, a sound can bring back distant memories that transport you to a place you have not been for a long time. Today on TV I saw someone use an old rotary phone. You know the kind with the dial of numbers that when released goes… tick, tick, tick tick, tick…….
Oh wait, you don’t? How old are you?
This made me realize that there are many technology sounds that our kids will never hear, so I decided to create a list of this sounds (links included where I could find them).
- The click clack of a manual typewriter ( You know… the computer without a monitor…)
- The whirl of a Film Projector in class (The original geeks )
- The clack of you changing the channel on the TV (yes ON the TV)_.. There were only 4 Channels anyway.
- The hiss of a record player when you put the needle down on a record
- The sound of a modem connecting
- The Beep Beep of a pager
- The sounds (and smells ) of a ditto machine
- The whoosh of a VCR Tape rewinding ( you used to get fined if you did not rewind them before you brought them back)
- The noise of a dot matrix line feed printer via @CTAspley
What other ones can you think of? Add your own below.